The easiest way for me to spice up a look is with a fun lip color. Over the years I have collected a pretty large range of hues, and I have tested lip products from a ton of brands–both high end and drugstore.
When I first began wearing lipstick, I loved classic reds (and I still do!). Then, I moved onto pinks, purples and nudes. And lately, I have been loving warm browns and orange shades (more on that in a future post!). Of course, 90s-inspired glossy lips never go out of style, either.
So, for today’s post I decided to roundup all my favorite lippies by color. Although my top picks account for a fairly large range of brands and formulas, I find myself reaching for the following lip products the most.Red:
- Butter Gloss in Crème Brûlée by NYX
- Candy Yum-Yum by MAC Cosmetics
- Full-On Lip Stick in Sydney by Buxom
- Lippie Stix in Contempo by Colourpop
- Saint Germain by MAC Cosmetics
- Matte Liquid Lipstick in Doll by Kylie Cosmetics (part of the In Love With The Koko set)
- LIPTONE Get It Tint Water Bar in Orange In Red by TONYMOLY
- Balm Dotcom by Glossier in Original, Coconut and Mint (un-tinted)
- Balm Dotcom by Glossier in Birthday (un-tined with a subtle holographic shimmer)
- Hydra Sparkling Magic Lip & Cheek Balm by Givenchy Beauty (subtle rosy pink tint)