I had a little too much fun this past weekend with ColourPop’s Mar palette, part of the brand’s new Sol Y Mar collection. Everything in the collection is absolutely gorgeous, but I limited myself to the Mar palette because I have been drooling over it since ColourPop announced its launch. And I am just as obsessed now that I have it IRL.
The 12-pan palette is full of sandy bronze and copper hues, as well as intense blue/green options. Mar is unlike anything else in my collection (including the natural browns I already have, and even the denim-ish blues I picked up from theBalm a few months ago). All of ColourPop’s Mar shadows scream summer getaway (and they remind me so much of Rihanna’s blue eye look in her Wild Thoughts music video, which serves up *aaaaall* the Caribbean vibes).
Putting together my first makeup look with this palette, I knew for sure I wanted to use Gridlock, the bright teal color with silver and teal glitter; it is definitely the star of the show. After buffing Sorbet into my crease and Top Down onto the outer V of my eye, I used my ring finger to apply two layers of Gridlock to my lid. Then, I blended everything out with a small fluffy shadow brush. I wanted to intensify the look, so I used a pencil brush to drag Gridlock onto my lower lash line. And again, I blended with the same small fluffy brush. Perfection definitely was not my goal here.
Because the eyeshadow makes such a statement, I kept the rest of my face really natural. To make the process relatively easy, I used my favorite ColourPop Stippling Makeup Brush to buff out the liquid products; Glossier‘s Wowder Brush to apply the powders and my ring finger to layer and blend both the stick and the powder highlights.
- Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint (I wear the shade Medium)
- Tarte Shape Tape concealer (Light Neutral)
- BECCA’s Be A Light Face Palette (Light To Medium)
- Note: I wear the lighter powder to set my under-eyes, the darker powder to set the rest of my face and the bronzer to contour my cheekbones and forehead; I did not use the blush from the palette for this makeup look.
- Glossier Haloscope in Topaz
- ColourPop Super Shock Highlighter in Off Tropic layered on top
- Glossier Boy Brow in Brown
- Glossier Lash Slick