What a year! The last few months of 2018 were rough, but I made it through and things are looking up. I ended a year with a much-needed trip to Los Angeles/Joshua Tree; now I’m back in New York City focusing on my day job, as well as freelance work and (of course) blogging!
Over the past 12 months I’ve been lucky enough to try a bunch of really great beauty products (and only a few not-so-great ones)–many of which quickly became staples in my lineup! It was hard, but I narrowed it down to my absolute favorites of the year and I am ready to share my newfound loves with my Haute Mess family.
I did my best to keep this list full of products that made their debut in 2018, but there are a few older skincare and makeup favs I just discovered this year. What products did you fall in love with in 2018?
- Summer Friday’s Jet Lag Mask
- Summer Friday’s Overtime Mask
- Glossier Solution
- Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi™ Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops
- Dr. Jart Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30
- ColourPop Super Shock Highlighter in Fire
- Glossier Cloud Paint in Dawn
- ColourPop The Zodiac palette
- Fenty Beauty Moroccan Spice Eyeshadow Palette
- Glossier Lidstar in Cub and Lily
- Glossier Lash Slick
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
- Glossier Generation G (reformulated) in Like and Jam
- ColourPop Matte Lux Lipstick in Third Eye
- MAC Cosmetics Powder Kiss Lipstick (can’t choose a fav shade–they’re all great!)
- Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Unbotton
- Pat McGrath Permagel Ultra Lip Pencil in Contour
Body & fragrance
- Fur Oil
- Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous Eau De Parfum